Thursday 20 August 2015

The GCSE results are now public and thank you to JCQ for the following information.

http://www.jcq.org.uk/media-centre/news-releases/gcse-press-notice---uk

It states there has been a 2.5% increase in the pass rate for GCSE English for 16 Year olds,  This is higher than the 1% I was worried would be the case but not near the 7% that could have been expected given the 7% swap to IGCSE English. As stated I have asked Oqual to release the progress for each board for both GCSE and IGCSE.  I am still convinced there is no standard across the two types of exam.   I will publish this data when I receive it.

The Dfe must now check and then publish in Raise on Line all the progress measures including and excluding IGCSEs.  

Thank you for reading

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment